Updated: September 8, 2010
(changes in BOLD)
Nominations, Eligibility & Acceptance
- All entries must be received by Sweatshirt Blanket via the official Nomination Form.
- All nominees must be a charitable cause or organization dedicated to missions such as helping those in need or fighting a disease.
- Any nominee may be disallowed at the sole discretion of Sweatshirt Blanket.
- To be eligible to be profiled the nominated organization must be located in the United States or Canada.
- The entry into the Spread Your Warmth campaign will become official once the charitable cause or organization has been profiled on the Sweatshirt Blanket Blog.
- Generally the profiles of the nominees can be expected to be published within three to five days of their receipt.
- In the event of a significant number of nominations, Sweatshirt Blanket and its representatives will make a good faith effort to get the profiles published in a timely manner.
- The date that the profile is published on the blog will determine which calendar month’s contest the nominated charitable cause or organization will be entered.
- Once an organization is profiled the same organization may not be re-nominated for a period of six (6) months from the month in which they were previously nominated.
Voting & Voting Period
- A voting period not to exceed seven (7) days will begin on the first day of the month for the preceding month’s contest (i.e., voting will run from May 1st through May 7th for all profiles published between April 1st and April 30th).
- Voting will be handled via an online poll monitored by Poll Daddy.
- Voters are able to vote once per day, per IP address during the voting period.
- Voting will be monitored daily by Sweatshirt Blanket or its representative and any IP addresses found to have submitted more votes than once per day will be invalidated without notice.
- The results showing in the online poll are not official until all votes are verified to be in compliance with our voting rules by Sweatshirt Blanket and a post certifying the winner has been published on our blog.
- An organization may be removed from the competition if repeated or gross violations of the Voting and Voting Period rules occur without notice at Sweatshirt Blanket’s sole discretion.
Winners, Notification & Fulfillment
- Winning organizations will be notified of their win by email, with a copy of said email sent to the nominating party (where applicable), immediately following the closure of the voting period.
- The winning organization will have two (2) weeks to respond to said notification or the second highest vote getter will be deemed to be the new winner for that month’s contest.
- In the event the two highest vote getters in any particular contest either don’t respond or decline the prize, Sweatshirt Blanket will choose a winner from among the remaining profiled causes or organizations at its sole discretion.
- Any winning cause or organization is ineligible to be profiled again for a period of twelve (12) months.
- The winning charitable cause or organization will receive one dozen (12) sweatshirt blankets customized with their logo printed in a one color process.
- The person nominating the winning charitable cause or organization will receive one (1) sweatshirt blanket customized with the logo of winning organization printed in a one color process.
- Winning causes or organizations can expect to receive their customized sweatshirt blankets between two to three weeks from the date of receipt of their logo in EPS format.
- The approximately retail value of the monthly prize is four hundred dollars ($400.00).